Steve and Lois Dresselhaus —– Winter 2013
Q: What looks European, acts European, thinks European but has probably never been to Europe?
A: The majority of the people of Uruguay.
During a just concluded research trip for TEAM, it quickly became apparent that the people in Uruguay view themselves as more European than Latino. As TEAM contemplates starting work in this small South American country, the uniqueness of the people presents some interesting challenges. These challenges include an alarmingly high percentage of atheists/agnostics, near epidemic levels of family dysfunction, and the rapidly escalating twin issues of addiction and suicide.
Q: What is long and skinny, has a spectacularly beautiful coastline and 2,717 miles of mostly snow-capped mountains?
A: The country of Chile.
In addition to Uruguay , Chile was one of the countries TEAM missionary Craig Querfeld and I explored as a possible new ministry area for TEAM. We met with potential partners and are now praying about whether or not TEAM should begin work in that area. We have been invited to partner in a church planting and university work.
Lois is active with the Big Buddy program in our area. This is Lois with her “little buddy” Jennifer on a special Saturday project. I tried my hand at making a Jaco-lantern for Jennifer. We had Jennifer’s family over for Thanksgiving.
HOW CAN YOU PRAY?
- We are still unsure about when and where we should relocate. La Paz is by far the front runner.
- We need to raise additional support since we are moving back overseas on missionary status.
- TEAM is rapidly expanding into new areas. We need more missionaries and more leaders. Would you consider joining us in the work?
- Should we rent or sell our house in Wheaton?
- Joel will graduate from Cornerstone in May and will be starting a new phase of his life.
- Claire will be a junior at Azusa Pacific. She has some decisions to make regarding a semester abroad.
HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US?
EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org (Steve’s work) – email@example.com (personal email)
Fun/humorous blog Macrochristian
CONTRIBUTIONS: Checks can be mailed to TEAM, PO Box 969, Wheaton, IL 60188-0969 Or you can CLICK HERE