LIKE A STUMBLE-TONGUED CHILD
Do you remember when your small children would come home from the zoo and try to describe the day? They had so much to say and report on that they stumbled over their words, unable to articulate their enthusiasm fast enough. I feel like one of those stumble-tongued children now. There is simply no way to report all that is going on.
- A sister church in San Jose del Cabo, Emanuel, sponsored an excellent conference on combating domestic violence
• The Americas Team I lead is making solid and speedy progress in opening up new ministries in new countries with new partners.
• The kayaking ministry has been relaunched. We are starting small but will see where it goes. Click this link for a fun 3.5 minute video introducing the kayak ministry.
• Lois and I have decided to become part of the El Faro fellowship in La Paz. We decided to join this group of Jesus followers because of their vision – they exist because La Paz needs them and they see new and innovative ministries as a way to reach the city for Jesus.
SOMETHING REALLY NEW
• Lois continues teaching a few classes a week at a language school in La Paz, EL NOPAL, and also meeting with our neighbors to help them with their English. She is also involved in teaching a women’s Bible study and serves as the language and culture coach for new TEAM coworkers.
• New missionaries are joining TEAM – to quote one of our missionary leaders, “we are experiencing exponential growth” in the number of missionaries. This is excellent but it does mean a lot of work. There is always room for more – come join us.
• We are learning what it means to physically care for a man who is dying – alone, abandoned by his family, who falls outside of any existing healthcare system, blind, incontinent. We are part of small team from El Faro who are taking care of this man while he dies. We are learning a lot – about ourselves.
- Joel continues to do well in his role as director of international business at his company. He was able to add a few days to a business trip recently and come for a visit.
- Claire is about to head to South America. She was recently awarded a Fulbright Scholarship and will be working as a teacher’s assistant at a university in South America.
- July 1-18 we will be in the Wheaton, Illinois area for a TEAM conference, a wedding, and some family time. We hope to touch base with many of you during those days.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org — email@example.com Click here to DONATE TO DRESSELHAUS MINISTRY
- CONTRIBUTIONS ADDRESS.
PO Box 1986
Grapevine, TX 76099-1986To support our ministry, please include a note stating our name or ministry project, and the amount you are giving. Thank you!