This is our new rental in La Paz.One of the keys to being a successful missionary (or a successful Christian for that matter) is getting to know your neighbors. We moved into our new rental house three days ago and are having the wonderful privilege of meeting our neighbors. We met one neighbor, Raul, when our small dachshund took on his St. Bernard and English sheep dog simultaneously in what was looking like a fight to the finish. After rescuing our dog from the jaws of death, we met and talked with our new neighbor and hopefully friend. We met our neighbor Pilar when she and we were out walking our dogs. Luis Enrique and his wife Jasmine just came by our house to invite us to a neighborhood Christmas party. We have already been made to feel welcome in our new community. Now you can begin praying that we will develop honest friendships with our neighbors which will lead to many opportunities to talk about Jesus.
WHAT HAS KEPT US BUSY?
TEAM’s senior directors meeting in South Africa.
- I took a work-related trip to South Africa with TEAM’s global ministry leaders.
- Lois has started teaching both English and Spanish in a local language school.
- We moved into our new rental house – shopped for appliances, contracted with an internet provider, installed curtain rods, did lots of prior house hunting.
- I go out to the ranch once a week to make sure things are going well during the 6-month home assignment of the ranch directors.
- We are getting reacquainted with old friends in La Paz – what a treat that is!
- I am attempting to get back to my normal senior director activities.
HOW CAN YOU PRAY FOR US? Pray:
- That we be useful servants in our neighbors becoming Jesus followers
- That we quickly get an internet connection at our house (we have the contract for service but things are not moving quickly).
- That we would discover which local fellowship to join
- That the Americas Team, made up of the four regional leaders with whom I work, would be used by the Lord to open up many new ministries in many new countries and that many new missionaries would join us.
- That the regional leader for North America would be given exceptional wisdom as he develops TEAM’s work in the US and Canada. This is a major shift in missiology as we now view the US and Canada as “receiving nations.” Not all North American Christians understand this shift yet.
- For our support to come up a bit since it is a tad low.
- Claire graduates from college on Dec. 19 and will continue the job hunting process.
- That Joel finds ways to serve in the church he is attending in St. Louis.
HAVE A WONDERFUL JESUS CENTERED CHRISTMAS
Our fun blog is MACROCHRISTIAN
Look us up on FACEBOOK
To explore TEAM click on TEAM
Contributions to our work can be mailed to TEAM’S NEW CONTRIBUTIONS ADDRESS.
PO Box 1986
Grapevine, TX 76099-1986
To support our ministry, include a note stating our name or ministry project, and the amount you are giving. Thank you!